Windows Security

From: ken (yuanware_at_btinternet.com)
Date: 09/15/04

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:10:03 -0700

I have Norton Virus Protection installed.On start up a
balloon comes up on taskbar,> Your virus protection
status is unknown <
If I click on this Balloon I am told,
> Norton A/Virus reports that it is installed, but its
status is unknown, click recommendations for suggested
actions you can take <
    When I do that it takes me to,
> Windows Security Center <
  but from here I am lost,can you help an old one please?
    Kind Regards, Ken.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Security
    ... > balloon comes up on taskbar,> Your virus protection ... > status is unknown, click recommendations for suggested ... Symantec haven't released an update for the 2003 ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Security Center alert
    ... Alan wrote: ... alert telling me the status of my virus protection is unknown despite ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Virus Protection Security Ballong Popup Madness
    ... No matter what steps I take the security balloon alerting me that "Your ... I've even unchecked the Virus Protection box under the right window pane ... I'm running Windows XP Home edition with Zonealarm Pro 5.5.062.000, ...
  • problems with Norton Antivirus
    ... Since installing the new update pack, everytime I log on, I get a balloon ... saying Norton installed bu status unknown. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Internet
    ... How do I get rid of it? ... I have virus protection ... "Unknown" wrote: ... It keeps kicking it out and going back to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)