Re: Help w/ registry error when installing Norton Anti-Virus

From: James P (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/13/04

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:17:21 -0700

The savrt.sys is around 230k on my system as well. I
tried deleting the file and it gives me this error.

"Cannot delete SAVRT: Data error cyclic redundancy check"

What can I do to get rid of this file so that I can
install NAV 2003 Properly?

Thanks

>savrt.sys is the name of the real-time protection module
from NAV. Of course
>there is no guarantee that the file in question is
actually THAT file and
>the fact that the file doesn't identify itself seems a
bit suspicious. It
>should be easy enough, however, to compare the file size
etc with a
>known-good example, perhaps on the install CD-ROM? On my
system a similar
>file does exist with a size of 235,744B but my file does
have the proper
>identification information and certificate revealed when
I look at
>properties. This is using the 2003 version of NAV BTW.
>--
>John McGaw
>[Knoxville, TN, USA]
>
>Return address will not work. Please
>reply in group or through my website:
>http://johnmcgaw.com
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Removing OUs
    ... I was wondering if there was a proper way of deleting OU's. ... Blog Site - http://www.robertmoir.com ... I'm always surprised at "professionals" who STILL have to be asked: ...
  • e-mail hung in out box
    ... deleting and replacing with the proper address and then ... hitting send and then send/receive causes the @#$%computer ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Help w/ registry error when installing Norton Anti-Virus
    ... James ... have the proper ... This is using the 2003 version of NAV BTW. ... >reply in group or through my website: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Removing OUs
    ... I was wondering if there was a proper way of deleting OU's. ... microsoft knowledge base article or a trustworthy site that will show ...