RE: should these be connecting to the internet?

From: MAP (MAP_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/11/04

Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:23:02 -0700

"Mike Henley" wrote:

> Hi... I'm using Kerio personal firewall 4, I have to decide about the
> following whether i should allow or deny them access to the internet
> or/and the "trusted" zone
>
> 1. LSA Shell (export version)
> 2. Windows NT Logon Application
> 3. Userinit Logon Application
> 4. Microsoft File and Printer Sharing
> 5. Kerio pesronal firewall GUI
>
> I'm using windows xp sp2 on a single home machine. Thanks

Several hits at google indicate that
LSA Shell (export version) is related to the Sasser worm

http://www.google.as/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=LSA+Shell

http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=access&message.id=12453

http://virusall.com/downscan.html

Relevant Pages

  • should these be connecting to the internet?
    ... I'm using Kerio personal firewall 4, I have to decide about the ... following whether i should allow or deny them access to the internet ... Userinit Logon Application ... I'm using windows xp sp2 on a single home machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • I think I have been hijacked.
    ... I am running windows xp on my Compaq Presario and Toshiba laptop, ... An internet connection appears to have been added through a USB. ... R - Registry, StartPage/SearchPage changes ... Fixed crashing bug on certain Win2000 and WinXP systems at O23 listing ...
  • Re: Please help with pop-ups!!
    ... Sometimes I'm not on the internet ... A1) No. Microsoft NEVER sends emails with security update attachments. ... pages where you can access Windows Update, download patches, or request ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Built in Admin account added
    ... system properly before putting it back on the internet. ... where to get a firewall and antivirus program are all below: ... Keep in mind during the investigation that this might NOT be a hacker ... You can also use the NETSTAT -A command that comes with Windows to look at ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: My words
    ... MVP - Windows Shell/User ... > MALWARE REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS ... > There are some malwares that can destroy the internet connection ... > download all the security updates - Critical updates with Express install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)