services.exe

From: My Crow Soft (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/10/04

Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 16:48:04 -0700

Are you saying that someone sent an instant message to you
via Yahoo! Messenger and that in that instant message,
there was a link that you clicked on, which in turn
installed and/or downloaded some kind of malware to your
computer? Is this what happened?

Please give more details on what exactly happened. Was
this a stranger or someone you knew?

sent a file, then I
>have downloaded it. When I ran it message appears with
sentence like this
>"Wrong memory block ID" then the file copied it self to
C:\WINDOWS as
>services.exe it appears in Task Manager as services.exe
with CPU Usage around
>0 to 12 to 20%, User Name SYSTEM, and Mem Usage 1,544K.
When I try to end
>this process the Unable to Terminate Process dialog box
appears with this
>message "This is a critical system process. Task Manager
cannot end this
>process.".
>
>Note: The services.exe icon looks like the cat Garfield.
>--
>Abdurrahman
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] obtai an IP of an MSN Messenger contact
    ... Yahoo don't care how easy it is ... to obtain a users IP by simply sending someone an instant message. ... I don't see this as a problem really, since it is trivial to lure a user into a website one controles, by sending a unique url to someone. ... Could you care to explain why I should care if Joe R. Andom Cracker has my from yahoo IM? ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Utrecht Genealogie
    ... Parenteel van Aerts VAN RENSWOUDE ... Never miss an Instant Message - Yahoo! ... Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com ...
    (soc.genealogy.benelux)
  • its me the one that said you are an animal raper
    ... so you posted me on google do you have a instant message me at fliphkd05. ... do you know alot abot computers ... Do you Yahoo!? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Notification from Excel VBA
    ... provider or a Instant Message (Yahoo, AOL, etc...)? ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Trying to set up friends to use Messenger
    ... but I looked under the "Help" tab in the MSN ... Messenger window, ... >their end still in order for them to instant message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)