Security Center

From: andlaceysays (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/08/04

Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:50:24 -0700

A recent Windows update changed the security on my
computer...it says that my antivirus program is
installed, but status is unknown. My virus program is up
to date, but I don't know how to update the status.
Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Security Center
    ... In article, andlaceysays says... ... > computer...it says that my antivirus program is ... > installed, but status is unknown. ... My virus program is up ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Please Explain Registry Key
    ... I did mean Microsoft Antispyware. ... There will be no "real time" alerts about spyware, malware, ... Windows Security Center Alerts will let you ... >>> Center or using an antivirus program such as McAfee or Norton that takes ...
  • Re: Which newsgroup is it?
    ... "I have an antivirus program that I'll monitor myself..." ... Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;;gms ... click Change the way Security Center alerts me. ... The security center used to notify me when I did that. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Please Explain Registry Key
    ... Usually caused by a user unchecking an option in the Windows Security Center ... or using an antivirus program such as McAfee or Norton that takes over the ... Spybot can be set to ignore supposed security risks if you wish. ...
  • Re: Best free antivirus software?
    ... Even Google doesn't know an antivirus program called agv. ... If your idea is to choose security software based on the consensus of anonymous visitors who happen to be reading the newsgroup at the time, any or all of whom could be unqualified to give a well-reasoned opinion, then you'll get what you've earned. ... Even those among us who /are/ qualified to give a well-reasoned opinion will find it impossible to give you a good recommendation, since you haven't told anyone what you're looking for in an antivirus program. ... where I think it's poor advice is security ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)