Re: is there any way to do that?!!

From: Reem (Reem_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/08/04

Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:53:05 -0700

hi ,
i am using NTFS and i thought it is the best ..am i wrong?!!

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Reem wrote:
> > hi Russell,
> > i have got a password and i cahnge it every time I access in my
> > computer but in some way it is not working i dont know how some one
> > enter to my comuter via my account but it is happen ...what i do?? is
> > there any way..
>
> What makes you think someone else is gaining access to your computer? Who
> else might know your password? Does anyone else know the default admin
> password (you did set one, right??) on the PC? Are you using NTFS instead of
> FAT32 for your disk(s)? You can't secure FAT32 at all, really.
> >
> > "Russell" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you got a password on your account?
> >>
> >> If you go to the control panel (Start menu, Settings,
> >> Control panel)
> >> Then select 'User Acconts'
> >> Then select your account name (User Id)
> >> You should see an option to create, or change, passwords.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Any way to remove ADMIN$ only?
    ... 2K and newer systems running NTFS 5 or greater). ... Share permissions ... Any way to remove ADMIN$ only? ... default security of Windows drives. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Any way to remove ADMIN$ only?
    ... Mixing the share permissions and the NTFS permissions generally cause ... which means more groups/people access the same shares. ... Along comes another admin that creates a share at a higher level in the ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Any way to remove ADMIN$ only?
    ... method of setting permissions between share level and file level within the ... Any way to remove ADMIN$ only? ... 2K and newer systems running NTFS 5 or greater). ... applies default permissions to those shares it creates. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: MS Knowledgebase Article 298345-Cant delete file...
    ... Logging in as admin is not that important with NTFS. ... What is important is the the NTFS permissions have ... no grant to Administrators and the owner is also not ...
  • RE: Any way to remove ADMIN$ only?
    ... every section had a bit devoted to "best practices". ... Any way to remove ADMIN$ only? ... 2K and newer systems running NTFS 5 or greater). ... applies default permissions to those shares it creates. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)