Running Process

From: DeeDee (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/07/04

Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:33:19 -0700

Hi,

Last week, my home page changed after clicking on an
advertising link in a web site. I've made serveral scans
and removal of all objects found using Ad-Aware. My
computer appeared to be "clean" as no critical objects
were found as shown in the logfile now.

However, I still saw a process running in the logfile as
follows:

#:28 [nls.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\NaviSearch\bin\
ProcessID : 1296
ThreadCreationTime : 9-3-2004 6:02:11 PM
BasePriority : Normal
FileVersion : 1, 0, 0, 1
ProductVersion : 1, 0, 0, 1
ProductName : NAVISearch Module
CompanyName : eXact Advertising
FileDescription : NLS Module
InternalName : NLS
LegalCopyright : Copyright ?2003, 2004. eXact
Advertising, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
OriginalFilename : nls.exe

I tried to locate NaviSearch by clicking on "Start /
Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs". I was not able
to remove it as it was not there.

(1) I then opened "Windows Task Manager / Processes", and
saw "nls.exe" is running. Shall I just click "End
Process" to end it?

(2) I also went to "C: / Program Files", and could locate
a folder of "NaviSearch" there. Shall I right-click to
delete the whole folder (as I can't remove it
in "Add/Remove Programs")?

By doing (1) and (2) above, does it mean I have removed
the program from my system? or there is other proper way
I should do? Please guide me in a simple way as computer
is still new to me.

Many thanks!!!!!