Re: SP2 and VPN File Sharing

From: Gary Williams (garyw90_at_earthlink.net.antispam)
Date: 09/06/04

Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:38:17 -0700

Thanks, I already tried those before posting here.

"PA Bear" <PABear@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Try these resources, Gary:
>
> Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
> Part 2: Network Protection Technologies
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2netwk.mspx
>
> Windows XP Security Guide
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/winclnt/secwinxp/default.mspx
>
> Description of the Windows Firewall feature in Windows XP Service Pack 2
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=843090
>
> We're all learning the ins & outs of SP2 right now.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP
>
> Are You Ready for WinXP SP2?
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=windowsxpsp2
>
> What You Should Know About Spyware
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/devioussoftware.mspx
>
> AumHa Forums
> http://forum.aumha.org
>
> Gary Williams wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I've googled, checked the securityadmin web site, checked Microsoft's
>> support sites and still have not been able to find my answer.
>>
>> I have updated all of my computers in my house to Windows XP SP2. After
>> VPN to a Windows 2003 SBS server, I try to connect to shares on the
>> system, but every time I do seems to give me an "Access Denied" error. I
>> am an administrator on the system, the VPN connects successfully, and I
>> can RD into the system. I just can't access any file shares, and this
>> seems to be the case whether Windows Firewall is turned on or off.
>>
>> Is this a bug in SP2 perhaps, or is this a configuration problem (more
>> likely). Anybody have any clues?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: eaten in box e mails
    ... Options | Maintenance for each Identity you have, and then compact manually ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Contents disappeared in most OE 6 folders
    ... Now the contents of most, but not all, of my folders are gone, ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Slowdown of downloads
    ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Outlook Express wont download pop3 mail on specific PC - Calling Outlook Express experts.
    ... > One other thing I did note that occasionally when I closed Outlook Express ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Iexplore error
    ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Disabling email protection does not leave you vulnerable to viruses and ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...