Re: blocked attachments

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 09/06/04

Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 11:45:45 -0400

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q291387 -

Option 1: Click forward on the message w/the attachment and open it from
there (you don't have to click Send on the new message - just close it).
This is a minor extra step, but doesn't involve changing your security
settings.

Option 2: look in tools, options, security, and untick the box.
If you go with option 2, make sure you have good antivirus software running
that also scans mail - and keep it updated regularly. In fact, you really
need that anyway.

Also note:
This is a group for Windows/computer security issues. You will probably get
a faster and more expert answer if you post Outlook Express questions to an
Outlook Express news group. Try
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

If this group isn't carried on your news server, try using
msnews.microsoft.com (MS's public news server - it's the source for all the
microsoft.public newsgroups).

If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services Community Newsgroups web interface, click
to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
version number.

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

Rick wrote:
> I keep getting a message in Outlook Express that "OE
> removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your
> mail..." I am simply trying to attach a picture from my
> digital camera. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Outlook Express 6.0 Sending Photos Problem
    ... This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. ... Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different ... If those groups aren't carried on the news server that's carrying this group ... for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Using AOL as my ISP in Outlook Express
    ... For Outlook Express support try posting in one of these newsgroups: ... If those groups aren't carried on the news server that's carrying this group try using msnews.microsoft.com (MS's public news server that's the source for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). ... doesn't use AOL, e.g name@xxxxxxxxxxxxx How do I set up the account on my ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: OE Spellcheck Lost
    ... Hi - this isn't a forum, ... Consider using a newsreader like Outlook Express or Forte Agent instead- ... The Microsoft public news server is msnews.microsoft.com and you can ... >> that's the source for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OT Computer help for Cranky Pants Polly
    ... Go to their website and put newsgroups into the search. ... News server names: news.cableone.net ... Maximum connections ... I am reading mail and news via Outlook Express and Earthlink. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: OE6.00
    ... Stephen Doyle wrote: ... This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. ... If those groups aren't carried on the news server that's carrying this group ... for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)