Re: blocked attachments

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (
Date: 09/06/04

Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 11:45:45 -0400

See;en-us;q291387 -

Option 1: Click forward on the message w/the attachment and open it from
there (you don't have to click Send on the new message - just close it).
This is a minor extra step, but doesn't involve changing your security

Option 2: look in tools, options, security, and untick the box.
If you go with option 2, make sure you have good antivirus software running
that also scans mail - and keep it updated regularly. In fact, you really
need that anyway.

Also note:
This is a group for Windows/computer security issues. You will probably get
a faster and more expert answer if you post Outlook Express questions to an
Outlook Express news group. Try

If this group isn't carried on your news server, try using (MS's public news server - it's the source for all the
microsoft.public newsgroups).

If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services Community Newsgroups web interface, click
to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
version number.

A good website for information on OE is: