RE: Cool Web Search hijacker - help required

From: Psygnotic WraithenBlade (PsygnoticWraithenBlade_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/06/04

Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 16:55:02 -0700

There's another way of getting this extremely annoying program to "bugger"
off. Do everything that was advised by everyone else but you have to perform
these functions under "safe mode" which means that you to reboot to this
mode. Run all your antivirus programs as well as CWShredder twice, also run
the STINGER utility from AVERT! which is a free program distributed by
Norton. Once all of these procedures have been met, use RegSeeker to clean
out and fix any inconsistencies. Reboot to normal mode and do the previous
procedures again, there is nothing wrong with overkill I say. Personally, if
I ever find out who writes these trojans, adware, spyware, hijackers, worms
etc etc. they should be castrated and sent to Leavenworth for life under
solitary confinement.

I hope this helps and good luck.