Re: Passwords

From: Jupiter Jones [MVP] (
Date: 09/05/04

Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 20:28:56 -0600

With Windows can't.
For that type of security you need Windows XP or Windows 2000.
There may be 3rd party products for that.

Or you could set a BIOS password.
Check your motherboard/computer manual and/or contact the

Jupiter Jones  [MVP]
"Greg" <> wrote in message
> How can I activate a password on a windows 98SE standalone
> system so that you MUST use a password to access the
> computer.  I can set up a password, but all you have to do
> is hit escape or cancel and you bypass the login screen
> and get right into the system.  I want it set up so that
> no password = no access!

Relevant Pages

  • [NT] Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (MS04-025)
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... * Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 6a ... Navigation Method Cross-Domain Vulnerability ...
  • [NT] Vulnerability in HTML Help Allows Code Execution (MS05-001)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... * Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Windows XP Service ...
  • Re: The Myth of the secure Mac
    ... OEM Windows XP Home goes for a bit under $100. ... >> secure than Home. ... Though this really has nothing to do with security. ... Microsoft counts on third-party developers to provide more ...
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter # 149
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... EveryBuddy Long Message Denial Of Service Vulnerability ... Intellitactics Network Security Manager ... Windows operating systems. ...
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #120
    ... Strengthening Network Security: FREE Guide Network security is a ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... Microsoft Windows File Protection Signed File Replacement... ... PlatinumFTPServer Information Disclosure Vulnerability ...