Passwords

From: Greg (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/05/04

Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 19:14:47 -0700

How can I activate a password on a windows 98SE standalone
system so that you MUST use a password to access the
computer. I can set up a password, but all you have to do
is hit escape or cancel and you bypass the login screen
and get right into the system. I want it set up so that
no password = no access!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: print job stuck in que for printer hp psc 1410 all in one prin
    ... How to cancel printing or to delete a print job that is stuck in the print ... Windows Printing Team ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Problems with Microsoft Narrator
    ... My utility manager is set as you specify by default. ... I am not sure but I think that when I tried to click the cancel ... button of one of the windows that came up, when I was closing down windows, ... >> shutting down properly would have caused a blue screen memory dump error ...
  • Re: How to force a logoff in a logon script?
    ... Windows has a registry key that governs which UI will be presented ... the unauthorized user cancels the logon dialog and goes away ... system, but complains that there was no cancel button, only an OK ...
  • Re: Win XP SP3 cancelling question
    ... See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953356; skip directly to the section entitled "How to prevent this problem and make Windows XP SP3 available on Windows Update"; or... ... in running system restore if the sp3 installation hasn't finished, ... considering I hit the cancel button about 85% of the way through. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Password security
    ... If upgrading Windows is not attractive to you, there are some things you can ... > Rick you are right you can just hit cancel and get to the desktop. ... >> I went into the Control Panel and into the Password and ...
    (microsoft.public.security)