A very boring spyware

From: André Wolf (andrecabal_at_unerj.br.spam)
Date: 09/03/04

Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 14:53:46 -0300

I have a spyware in my notebook that redirects pages as google , microsoft
and all .org sites to the buydomains.com.

1 -I already ran
spybot, ad-aware , sweeper ( almost it ) , hijacker, and others.

2 i already ran too
Trend micro online scan, symantec online scan and other onlines scan.

Nothing im my machine, the host file is ok, .

3- I attempted to use Mozilla and firefox, the same problem occur.

4-I was using windows XP in Brazil portuguese. So because this problem I
used the Toshiba recovery cd to reinstall my system, After reinstall, de
same problem occur , I didn't believe it.

5 I attempted to use commands as fdisk /mbr to clean de MBR table.
and the problem continue

I'm behind a router in a ADSL Line so I tryed to do it

6-Recovery my notebook with recovery cd, ( notebook without network
connection ) Install the Service Pack 2, verified if firewall is ok. I
restart the machine.

And the problem continues.

I'm suspicious that a toshiba program its doing this redirection, but I was
using this cd before without problens.

I already restoredthe notebook with the date outdated, but it didn't work
to.

My next pass is to install Linux ......

  • Re: A very boring spyware
    ... > I have a spyware in my notebook that redirects pages as google, ... > Trend micro online scan, symantec online scan and other onlines scan. ... Have you tried entering the IP number for Google instead of the URL? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Cannot connect at my parents
    ... Must get online on my notebook. ... Mac Mini... ... When I plug the same ethernet cable into the Apple, ...
  • WLAN and no chance to get online with linux
    ... some other foreign wlans. ... problem and I can go online there. ... using SuSE linux 9.3. ... difference is that my notebook doesn't show any network in the neighbour ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Which notebook to buy?
    ... >> What is the best notebook to install Linux? ... >> I heard the IBM ThinkPads are very compatible with Linux. ... also installed with Fedora Core 3. ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)
  • Re: loose key on dell laptop
    ... I assume it is a notebook because if it is a desktop I would not mess ... with it and buy a new keyboard. ... I figured I would try to fix it as a last chance. ... ordered one off either online or had a local shop. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)