Changing Domain Administrators Password

From: Paul_B (PaulB_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/02/04

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 02:53:04 -0700

After joining my current company I came to realise that the domain admin
password was particularly weak and would undoubtably be easy to crack.
I was just wondering if there was any program that could be downloaded/ bought
that would scan our systems and find all the places that the Administrator
password
was used. Due to the large amount of services and databases that currently use
this password, it would be a fairly big task to go throught and check this
manually.

Any help would be much apprecitated.

Cheers,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Can not have domain priviledges on one XP pro computer on my netwo
    ... joining a domain is to the local machine. ... Doug Sherman ... take ownership but it will not allow me to add any domain admin or user ...
  • Join Domain - Marina
    ... Before joining do I need to create computer account and ... Or Can I create the account while joining to the domain ... Login an domain admin or login as local admin? ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • How to Join Domain - Marina Roose