Re: Hotfix KB824141

From: Mikey (Mikey_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/01/04

Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:03:10 -0700

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" wrote:

> Torgeir Bakken (MVP) wrote:
>
> > From
> > Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-045
> > Buffer Overrun in the ListBox and in the ComboBox Control Could
> > Allow Code Execution (824141)
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-045.mspx
> >
> > <quote>
> > Removal Information:
> >
> > To remove this patch, use the Add or Remove Programs tool in
> > Control Panel.
> >
> > System administrators can use the Spuninst.exe utility to remove
> > this security patch. The Spuninst.exe utility is located in the
> > %Windir%\$NTUninstallKB824141$\Spuninst folder,
> > </quote>
>
> I forgot to tell that $NTUninstallKB824141$ is a hidden folder,
> so unless you have turned on "Show hidden files", you will not
> see the folder.
>
> To avoid this issue, just run it from Start/Run with this command:
>
> %Windir%\$NTUninstallKB824141$\Spuninst\Spuninst.exe
>

> --
> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

  • Re: SMS Installer Open File Security Warning
    ... > I'm having no luck at all. ... > patch files have it and some don't. ... so I use the scripting to determine which patch to ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.installer)
  • Re: Push SASSER patch to 85 workstations?
    ... What I really need is to get around the 'admin' ... permissions issue on installing the patch. ... >torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: SMS Installer Open File Security Warning
    ... > I've been doing this procedure for every patch I've been downloading form ... >> I'm simply doing an execute program script item on just the patch ... I'm using SMS Installer scripting to ... I also make sure to launch the ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.installer)
  • Re: ATTN: MS04-007-related Activity
    ... >> Please, those who are vulnerable, PATCH IT! ... > to call Microsoft to obtain it. ... > Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, ...