Re: Machine Certificates on Macintosh

From: S. Pidgorny (slavickp_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/01/04

Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 21:39:15 +1000

Talking about the RADIUS server cert? According to the document here:

http://www.uic.edu/depts/accc/network/wireless/macx.html

you will be prompted for the certificate. More details about your particular
problem would help - however, I recommend you to ask on Mac OS forums, for
example

http://www.macosx.com/forums/

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-
"Tim" <tmryter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to issue a machine certificate from my Enterprise Trusted CA
> for Macintosh clients.  We need to enable our apple clients 802.1x
> authentication to the switch (which points to active directory for it's
> authentication) but I'm having lots of trouble getting a certificate
> installed on the OS X clients.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction or provide a good place to
> start from?
>
> TIA
>
> Tim Ryter

Relevant Pages

  • RE: 802.1x Authentication Fails
    ... Reason = The authentication request was not processed because the ... a default certificate is being sent to ... I queried the product team about this and they feel the server certificate ... which is causing the problem that the clients cannot ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: PEAP Wireless Access for Mac OS X
    ... Automatic certificate deployment is something that only works with Windows ... With those clients group policy and a Windows 2003 server you can ... > attempting to set up PEAP authentication for our wireless network. ...
  • Re: PEAP Wireless Access for Mac OS X
    ... Automatic certificate deployment is something that only works with Windows ... With those clients group policy and a Windows 2003 server you can ... > attempting to set up PEAP authentication for our wireless network. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Creating 802.1X Workstation Authentication Certificates for NON-domain XP/W2KSP4 clients...
    ... > Workstation Authentication certificates to clients via autoenrollment. ... > IAS RADIUS Policies or Certificate Templates. ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: SMS 2003 SP1 Client Install Problem or Policy Retreival Problem?
    ... > Failed to find running shell process ... >> It is possible that the crypto store has somehow been corrupted. ... >>> The MP is setup and thousands of other clients have access. ... >>> Failed to find the certificate in the store, ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)