Re: Machine Certificates on Macintosh

From: S. Pidgorny (slavickp_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/01/04

Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 21:39:15 +1000

Talking about the RADIUS server cert? According to the document here:

http://www.uic.edu/depts/accc/network/wireless/macx.html

you will be prompted for the certificate. More details about your particular
problem would help - however, I recommend you to ask on Mac OS forums, for
example

http://www.macosx.com/forums/

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-
"Tim" <tmryter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to issue a machine certificate from my Enterprise Trusted CA
> for Macintosh clients.  We need to enable our apple clients 802.1x
> authentication to the switch (which points to active directory for it's
> authentication) but I'm having lots of trouble getting a certificate
> installed on the OS X clients.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction or provide a good place to
> start from?
>
> TIA
>
> Tim Ryter

Relevant Pages

  • RE: 802.1x Authentication Fails
    ... Reason = The authentication request was not processed because the ... a default certificate is being sent to ... I queried the product team about this and they feel the server certificate ... which is causing the problem that the clients cannot ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: PEAP Wireless Access for Mac OS X
    ... Automatic certificate deployment is something that only works with Windows ... With those clients group policy and a Windows 2003 server you can ... > attempting to set up PEAP authentication for our wireless network. ...
  • Re: PEAP Wireless Access for Mac OS X
    ... Automatic certificate deployment is something that only works with Windows ... With those clients group policy and a Windows 2003 server you can ... > attempting to set up PEAP authentication for our wireless network. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Creating 802.1X Workstation Authentication Certificates for NON-domain XP/W2KSP4 clients...
    ... > Workstation Authentication certificates to clients via autoenrollment. ... > IAS RADIUS Policies or Certificate Templates. ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: Dummies Guide for RADIUS/Certs
    ... I have set up IAS. ... client computers impacts certificate enrollment. ... configure Group Policy for domain member wireless clients so ... Cert Templates that is now enrolled on the IAS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)