Re: Norton System Works by Symantec

From: Jurren Bouman (jurren_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/01/04

Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:15:10 +0200

ogriffin wrote:

> This system was uninstall but continues to give me
> problems when i need to update McAfee antivirus. Norton
> pops up and says "unable to scan for virus because files
> are missing. ( active x)

If you mean you have McAfee's VirusScan installed and you get an error
message from VirusScan (not Norton) then you should post your issue at
the McAfee Support Forums:
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/

--
Jurren Bouman
MVP Windows - Security

Relevant Pages

  • Re: After SP2 software will not work; Norton dragging their feet--a lot!
    ... reports of Live Update now downloading the proper fix so the Norton Internet ... Security 2004 is now compatible with SP2, ... Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Some mail opens a blank page
    ... YW, Dan, and thanks again for your valuable feedback. ... Save that download link and Product or User ID for CA Internet Security ... and then run the Removal Tool to rid the machine of all Norton crapware. ...
  • Re: Windows update total failure form 24th Feb 2009
    ... I did have Norton Internet Security 2004 before this. ... I'm not a big fan of these freebie security apps but it's your computer. ... Should you decide to install McAfee Security Center from your ISP, make certain that you uninstall Norton Online Security via Add/Remove Programs and then download/run the Norton Removal ... Can you post a link to your forum thread were you were helped? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows update total failure form 24th Feb 2009
    ... I did have Norton Internet Security 2004 before this. ... Should you decide to install McAfee Security Center from your ISP, ... Set Background Intelligent Transfer Service to Automatic and verify ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Symantecs Norton Suite
    ... Internet Security, Norton Anti-Virus, or Norton Personal Firewall for our ... modem with no hardware based protection. ...