Hijacks and Trojans

From: Dee (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/02/04

Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 06:31:33 -0700

Hello,
I have been bombarded with trojans and my browser keeps
getting hijacked. I have run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, and
have McAfee online virus scan. These programs seem to
eliminate the problem when I run them, but as soon as I
reboot, trojans reappear and my browser gets hijacked
again. I'm so sick and tired of running virusscans and
the above programs. I wish these people would go away
and get a life. This is such a total waste of time. My
question is, if I would upgrade and install Windows XP
Professional (I'm using Win XP Home Ed now) would that
clear most of the problems with this or am I looking at
reformatting my hard drive and starting over? Please
help.
Thanks,
Dee