Hijacks and Trojans

From: Dee (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/02/04

Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 06:31:33 -0700

Hello,
I have been bombarded with trojans and my browser keeps
getting hijacked. I have run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, and
have McAfee online virus scan. These programs seem to
eliminate the problem when I run them, but as soon as I
reboot, trojans reappear and my browser gets hijacked
again. I'm so sick and tired of running virusscans and
the above programs. I wish these people would go away
and get a life. This is such a total waste of time. My
question is, if I would upgrade and install Windows XP
Professional (I'm using Win XP Home Ed now) would that
clear most of the problems with this or am I looking at
reformatting my hard drive and starting over? Please
help.
Thanks,
Dee

Relevant Pages

  • Adware & Trojan Protection?
    ... Trojans infecting my browser and wreaking havoc on my ... I would find nasty links in my favorites. ... all sorts of changes to my registry. ...
  • Im sick of Trojans and Hijacked Browsers - please help
    ... >I have been bombarded with trojans and my browser keeps ... >have McAfee online virus scan. ... This is such a total waste of time. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Hijacks and Trojans
    ... Dee wrote: ... > I have been bombarded with trojans and my browser keeps ... I'm so sick and tired of running virusscans and ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Im sick of Trojans and Hijacked Browsers - please help
    ... >I have been bombarded with trojans and my browser keeps ... Did you turn system restore off before you ran the programs? ... reformat solution is probably too harsh.....not needed. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Im sick of Trojans and Hijacked Browsers - please help
    ... I have been bombarded with trojans and my browser keeps ... I have run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, and ... have McAfee online virus scan. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)