RE: Logon Passwords

From: Wrong again (again_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/25/04

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:49:57 -0700

WRONG.

XP security is not the tightest. I've been here two minutes and everybody is asking how to login without the password and the typical response is you can't. Well guess what you can...

www.lostpassword.com has a tool to reset the admin password. When you login as admin you can then change the other user passwords. I've done this lots of times. This tool is not free to download so if you need it just once it's not worth buying it.

Also XP Home can't join a domain so it's not on a domain. Just a stand a lone workstation, maybe on a peer to peer but it doesn't matter.