Re: new users are getting gp for i dont know where

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 06/20/04

    Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 11:40:16 -0400

    By default, regular user accounts don't have permission to change the system
    time. This is as you say a good thing. The system time should automatically
    sync with the domain controller - are you having problems with that?

    James wrote:
    > i have a new domain and the new user limited permission and right
    > like can not set there clocks ....now is the future this is a good
    > thing. but for now i dont know how they got locked down... this
    > just started happening out the blue.......i can not find where the
    > policy are coming from ... I still have the default gp in place and
    > under that the default dc gp..... please help i have window 2003
    > dc's and user are mixed

    • Re: new users are getting gp for i dont know where
      ... I have no permission to change ip setting load device drivers ... The system time should ... > sync with the domain controller - are you having problems with that? ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • RE: "Send As" permission resetting on SBS
      ... permission of the user account that is a member of one of administrative ... groups will be reset to match the ACL of the AdminSDHolder thread. ... Directory domain controller that holds the primary domain controller ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: "Send As" permission resetting on SBS
      ... permission of the user account that is a member of one of administrative ... groups will be reset to match the ACL of the AdminSDHolder thread. ... Directory domain controller that holds the primary domain controller ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: XP Group/File Permissions (Possible BUG found)
      ... permission to create the new security context, ... For example one may want to secure many ... >with the domain controller see if the user's token has ... >resource is accessed. ...
    • RE: Domain Controller Best Practice
      ... Microsoft Best practice is to assign users to Global Group, ... Microsoft has created Domain Local Groups. ... The problem with using a Domain Controller as a file server is you are ... you can no longer use permission assignment best practice. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)