Re: Home Page piracy

From: George Hester (hesterloli_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/20/04

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:50:37 -0400

If you get a error message using regsvr32 that means nothing other than the dll is not self-registering. No big deal. Can you rename it it eoqir.dl_ and see what happens? Hey try to open the file with Notepad. That last message "eoqir does not appear to be a .dll or a .OCX file" should not have happened if you had entered the command correctly. The beginning of the sentence tells me you may not have.

--
George Hester
__________________________________
"danbar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1cb4001c45329$08e95350$a301280a@phx.gbl...

> [...]

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Home Page piracy
    ... >This is what is called a pluggable protocol. ... >The keys under here: ... >> from the registry and all other files, ... I tried to unregister eoqir.dll, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Uninstall that little screensaver control from snapfiles
    ... It is probably being called in one of your Run keys in the registry. ... Then reboot. ... George Hester ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Home Page piracy
    ... danbar this hijacker is using the pluggable protocol res: ... Back up this key in the registry: ... >>George Hester ... >>This is what is called a pluggable protocol. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Home Page piracy
    ... >George Hester ... >This is what is called a pluggable protocol. ... >The keys under here: ... >> from the registry and all other files, ...