Re: how did gp change on its own

From: James (jgrace_at_digitelusa.net)
Date: 06/20/04

Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 03:41:05 -0400

ok thanks for the reply ....well how do you allow the domain users to be
able to change the ip address... now they get a pop up saying that they have
permission limitations lockdown
"Dusty Harper {MS}" <DHarper@Online.Microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Group Policy doesn't change on its own. Policies are inheritable. This
can
> cause some unexpected behaviorisms. Otherwise, most likely someone
manually
> edited the policies, altered the settings via the registry, or ran a
script
> to alter the policies.
>
> --
> --
> Dusty Harper
> Microsoft Corporation

> This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights
>
> "James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote in message
> >

> > I have a new domain setup and was adding users and computer to the new
> > domain.  Recently I added a new user and now his profile is
> > Lockdown..meaning there permission has been alter so they can not chang
> > network setting, clock setting stuff like that..   Limited permission
> > how did this change if I didn't do I  and what steps do I take to
correct
> it
> >
> > domain is widows 2003
> >
> > users are mixed

Relevant Pages

  • Re: how did gp change on its own
    ... "Dusty Harper " wrote in message ... Policies are inheritable. ... > to alter the policies. ... >> Lockdown..meaning there permission has been alter so they can not chang ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Permission to Create / Alter Stored Procedure
    ... procedures in a database to be used for reporting. ... Statement Permission only covers "GRANT CREATE PROCEDURE", ... ALTER PROCEDURE". ... Secondly when the developer creates the stored procedure, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: GA Black Widow Found Dead in Her Prison Cell
    ... policy out on>> her, ... beneficiaries. ... If you could take ins policies out on anybody without their permission, then all our service people called into active duty could have people taking policies out on them without them or their families knowing. ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: Permission to Create / Alter Stored Procedure
    ... > procedures in a database to be used for reporting. ... Giving db_ddlAdmin role permission allows DDLAdmin to ... you can alter sp. ... > are having some issues with another developer creating reports in seeing ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: DDL Permissions - CREATE PROCEDURE, but no CREATE TABLE
    ... Have you tried to use only the REFERENCES permission on the table for the ... > schema, but not create or alter tables. ... you can't DENY DROP. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)