Re: Home Page piracy

From: danbar (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/16/04

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:35:18 -0700

registry:

>The keys under here:
>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Handler
>
>First you want to unregister eoqir.dll. Do this by
regsvr32 eoqir.dll in command prompt in the directory
where the dll lives. Then check the key above. You will
be looking for protocols that are unusual ask here and we
can tell you which are valid or invalid as the case may be.

message news:1c85801c45259$edcd7ad0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>> For some reason, my home always resets itself to
>> res://eoqir.dll/index.html#96676, which seems to be
some
>> sort of serach page. I searched and eliminated
eiqir.dll
>> from the registry and all other files, but it keeps
>> returning. I ran Pest Patrol and Adaware, but found
>> nothing. Any ideas on homw to permanently eliminate it?
>> Also there are now a plethory of pop-up from "search-
the-
>> internet...I have XP.
>.
>George,
I tried to unregister eoqir.dll, but I got the following
message;"eoqir wqs loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry
point was not found. eoqir does not appear to be a .dll or
a .OCX file". I found several instances of "eoqir: in the
registry, but deleting them does not seem to do anything.
Is it re-formatting time? I did use CWShredder, Ad-Aware,
Spybot and Hijackthis, to no avail. The log file had many
entries, including the eoqir stuff.
Thanks,
Dan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Home Page piracy
    ... >>This is what is called a pluggable protocol. ... >>The keys under here: ... >>George Hester ... >>> from the registry and all other files, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Home Page piracy
    ... >George Hester ... >This is what is called a pluggable protocol. ... >The keys under here: ... >> from the registry and all other files, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Home Page piracy
    ... >George Hester ... >This is what is called a pluggable protocol. ... >The keys under here: ... >> from the registry and all other files, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: SMS 2.0 Component Errors - Pre Upgrade
    ... It's possible that the registry is corrupt, ... The other suggestion is try an upgrade instead of site reset. ... ACLRESET will fix the permissions but will not fix the keys. ... SMS Inventory Data Loader has moved this file to ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: Non admin users cant do things they need to do
    ... You mean they are along with the registry entires? ... i added the keys below to the registry (as administrator) logged off, ... can set the time then they can fake out system event logs by changing ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)