Re: Home Page piracy

From: danbar (
Date: 06/16/04

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:35:18 -0700

regsvr32 eoqir.dll in command prompt in the directory
where the dll lives. Then check the key above. You will
be looking for protocols that are unusual ask here and we
can tell you which are valid or invalid as the case may be.
message news:1c85801c45259$edcd7ad0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>> For some reason, my home always resets itself to
>> res://eoqir.dll/index.html#96676, which seems to be
>> sort of serach page. I searched and eliminated
>> from the registry and all other files, but it keeps
>> returning. I ran Pest Patrol and Adaware, but found
>> nothing. Any ideas on homw to permanently eliminate it?
>> Also there are now a plethory of pop-up from "search-
>> internet...I have XP.
I tried to unregister eoqir.dll, but I got the following
message;"eoqir wqs loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry
point was not found. eoqir does not appear to be a .dll or
a .OCX file". I found several instances of "eoqir: in the
registry, but deleting them does not seem to do anything.
Is it re-formatting time? I did use CWShredder, Ad-Aware,
Spybot and Hijackthis, to no avail. The log file had many
entries, including the eoqir stuff.