Re: Security Question

From: Tom (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/18/04

Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 06:50:36 -0700

Unplug your modem when you leave and see if you are still
having problems calling home. You may also want to
forward your calls to another phone as previously
suggested.

your
>> account it makes your phone line busy??
>
>Hard to say. There are any of a number of ways to steal
your password; true
>for any service, too, not just AOL. There are ways to
set a modem to answer
>an incoming call.
>
>However, the two in combination is unlikely. I do not
know that the AOL
>software is capable of auto-answering an incoming call.
I rather think not.
>If your AOL account is being accessed from your computer
on the premise,
>then somebody is most likely physically sitting at the
keyboard.

>--
>Norman
>~Win dain a lotica, En vai tu ri, Si lo ta
>~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
>~Vi fa-ru les shutai am, En riga-lint
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Security Question
    ... I would use Caller ID and see if you had any incoming calls or dial *69 to ... > Unplug your modem when you leave and see if you are still ... >>If your AOL account is being accessed from your computer ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Using Cingular 2125 as USB modem with Laptop...
    ... It can be used as a modem to dial into any dial-up ISP.... ... technicals details of how that's done over GSM network are beyond what ... I've dialed into my AOL account using a local AOL access ... it can be used as a virtual modem to connect to a Cingular ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: How do I permanently store my incoming AOL in Outlook 03?
    ... > When I use Outlook 2003 to pull up my AOL account, ... > see every incoming message regardless of how old it is. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Automatic Deletion of Email Messages
    ... > I have set up Entourage to send/receive messages for my AOL account. ... Most incoming ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)