Re: Virus Warning Pop up for RPC Doom Virus - is this real or a fake?

From: stachows (stachows.16444x_at_mail.mcse.ms)
Date: 05/11/04

Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:08:42 -0500

I know exactly how you feel. We have scanned the machine and found
nothing. Ran the fix tools and found nothing, yet this still pops
up???

We had one machine brought onto our network by a consultant that had
the sassers, but none of our machines got it???
A couple got the pop ups listed, and about 10 got the reboot prompt,
but that's it. When they are scanned, or the fix tool is run it finds
nothing. No services, no registry entries??? It really wierd???

They are all patched as well???

--
stachows