Re: IAS Rejects Credentials - Help!

From: Paul Adare - MVP - Microsoft Virtual PC (padare_at_newsguy.com)
Date: 03/25/04

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 04:23:13 -0500

In article <7A802F4B-D1F5-4555-87EF-33AFE446E996@microsoft.com>, in the
microsoft.public.security news group, =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbA==?=
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> says...

> Thanks for your reply, Svyatoslav. I have tried both DOMAIN\username and username@austmg.com, with same result. The Windows Event logs do not seem to have any entries related to IAS, but there is the IAS log in \WINNT\system32\logfiles, but it is very cryptic. I will forward it tomorrow. Cheers, Bill.

There is an IAS log file parser available for a free download from the
Microsoft web site.

--
Paul Adare
Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Terminal Server Ports
    ... > Win2K Terminal Services via browser and Remote Desktop Connection? ... Paul Adare ... Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Auto login question
    ... > a password but still get an automatic login? ... Paul Adare ... Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Base Station Management tool: Decipher Security log?
    ... microsoft.public.security news group, Sandi - Microsoft MVP ... Paul Adare ... Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: tool or script to find out all IPs and/MACs where a user is logged
    ... ALTOOLS.exe.....it is a free download from the Microsoft web site. ... I keep having an account lockout issue and am trying to track down what ... maybe causing the problem. ...
  • Re: Remove domain list from logon screen
    ... Short of removing any trust relationships, ... Paul Adare ... Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. ...