Re: BUGBUG message in XP startup

From: David Robbins (noone_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 12/21/03

Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:10:20 -0000

"td1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:02609C62-A151-41F4-85A5-30B57A9538A1@microsoft.com...
> At boot up I started geting a small window that says "BUGBUG - Wrong
Version" with an OK button. To get rid of it I have to hit the OK button.
Each day or time I reboot it comes back and requires me to hit the OK button
one extra time per day/reboot (I'm up to 20). I have up to date Norton
Antivirus that can't find anything. I also used software to clean up the
registry but it didn't help. Any ideas what this is?

google is our friend... do you have an hp printer??? check this:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=21680

lots of links for bugbub.com, something about error-free software testing.
yeah, right!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP Home Log on screen
    ... You need not do anything but the following ONLY.Just take out the checkmark from the box so it is not selected. ... Then hit Apply and then reboot. ... When the User Accounts dialogue box opens ...
  • Re: XP Home Log on screen
    ... I took the checkmark out, then hit apply, and then rebooted. ... rebooted (without attempting to close the screens). ... reboot. ...
  • Re: XP BSOD reboots SP2
    ... To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver ... Windows Key + R ... Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next ... There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. ...
  • Re: computer sporadically rebooting itself
    ... > causing the problem I need you to enable driver verifier. ... > 3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next ... > There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. ... > occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select ...
  • Re: Spyware Removal
    ... Your infection could be a new CoolWebSearch hijack infection and is ... Then hit Ok, note that there is now an update button. ... If there is a newer version hit 'Download Update'. ... Then reboot into Safe Mode by tapping F8 key repeatedly during bootup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)