Re: password on opening

From: Kent W. England [MVP] (kwe_at_mvps.org)
Date: 12/20/03

Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 08:15:21 -0800

Ah, then consider setting a BIOS boot password. I expect you don't have
a motherboard manual, but if you can press the right key (DEL, F1, F10)
when you boot to enter the BIOS setup, look around and see if you can
set a password that must be entered before the computer is allowed to
boot.

DO NOT FORGET THIS PASSWORD. BIOS security is a lot harder to crack than
Windows security.

You might also try something like removing the mouse. Or, if you have a
wireless keyboard or wireless mouse, put them in a locked drawer.
Another simple idea is to place the computer in the family room or
kitchen nook where they cannot use it without being seen.

That reminds me of an old Monty Python skit "How not to be seen" that
spoofs BBC documentaries.

--
Kent W. England, Microsoft MVP for Windows Security
<shortnold1@hotmail.com.com> wrote in