Giving computer away

From: Josh (jif116_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/16/03

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:27:16 -0800

Hello, I am planing on upgrading my winXP computer soon,
and I would like to donate it. Is their anything I can
do short of a reformat and reinstall to scrub the
computer of personal data? I would prefer to aviod the
hassel of a reinstall if at all possible. Thanks for the
advice.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: donating old computer
    ... The organization will probably reinstall the operating system to protect ... reformat the hard drive and let them handle the reinstallation. ... >I wish to donate a computer no longer in use. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Giving computer away
    ... >>Hello, I am planing on upgrading my winXP computer soon, ... >>and I would like to donate it. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)