Re: why they keep coming back?

From: Mike Burgess (winhelp2002_at_spamthis.com)
Date: 12/15/03

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:51:16 -0500

Mr,
Those are nothing more than "tracking cookies" .......

Blocking Unwanted Cookies with IE 6
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/cookies.htm
[or]
You can add those entries to IE's "Restricted Zone"
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm
[or]
Use a HOSTS file that blocks those type servers (see below)
Mike Burgess [MVP Windows Shell\User] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 12-15-03]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid

--
"Mr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I use ad-aware 6 and also like to use the online
> scanner Pestscan simultaneously-They dont always find the
> same spyware but I'd guess they do OK. Here's is my
> concern. I got online and scanned with PS and then AAW.
> Cleaned out all they detected. Then I went to this NGroup
> & read some>then to see updates at windows>then to check
> my mail at yahoo>then did a housecall virus scan (pc was
> virus free>I did not go to anymore websites.
> So why is it when I scanned again with PS, it
> found "counterhit click (or something like that)& 207{1}
> txt in my cookies in the "c" drive.MY QUESTION: does this
> spyware just creep in because it already knows my IP
> address and whe Im online, it takes advantage of this-
> I'd like to understand more about this. please help

Relevant Pages

  • "the mystery of how people find pornography on the Internet"
    ... Even if the government does not find out what you do online, ... Wired News offers a FAQ, "How to Foil Search Engine Snoops," ... "Those who want to avoid a permanent record should delete their cookies ... "Protecting Your Search Privacy: A Flowchart to Tracks You Leave ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Citibank Spyware Tracking Your Online Banking now Mandatory
    ... Citibank has started forcing customers to allow 3rd parties to track ... bank relies on the fact that most customers are not aware of this ... The only cookies that should be required are those from citibank.com - ... secure financial information online is akin to having such companies ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Citibank Spyware Tracking Your Online Banking now Mandatory
    ... Citibank has started forcing customers to allow 3rd parties to track ... bank relies on the fact that most customers are not aware of this ... The only cookies that should be required are those from citibank.com - ... secure financial information online is akin to having such companies ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: xxx.html ?
    ... No, didn't scanned it .How I do that ?, I use Avast anti-virus. ... "Jim Macklin" wrote: ... > cookies that are not to be accepted. ... Have you scanned it with a virus scanner ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)