Re: My browser is being hijacked

From: Eoin O'Beara (eoin_at_compudoc.ie)
Date: 12/15/03

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:41:44 -0000

For this type of thing you'd need to go digging in the registry. May sound
drastic, but if used carefully (!) it will get rid of the issue.

--
Eoin.
"Mike Burgess" <winhelp2002@spamthis.com> wrote in message
> Smeart,
> Looks like you have multiple parasites ......
>
> >"I get redirected to zestyfind"
> From my HOSTS file:
> 127.0.0.1  zestyfind.com #[Adtomi.YahooStocks][Adware.Adtomi]
> Note: SpyBot detects this as: Adtomi.YahooStocks
> NAV detects this as:
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.adtomi.html
>
> > redirected to a place called UCSearch"
> 127.0.0.1  armbender.com #[UCSearch][W32.Adclicker.F.Trojan]
> http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/u/ucsearch.asp
>
> Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> Mike Burgess  [MVP Windows Shell\User] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
> Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 12-08-03]
> Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
> --
>
> "Smeart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Every time I open IE Explorer, I get redirected to
> > zestyfind. I can't get rid of it. I've used spyware
> > removal, but it comes back up. I've tried deleting any
> > files associated with it as well, but it still comes up.
> > Every time I do a search, or load a favorite, I am
> > redirected to a place called UCSearch. I am very
> > frustrated, as I have tried everything I know to get this
> > off my system, but it keeps coming back. I also installed
> > the latest IE service\security pack, to no avail. If
> > anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Explorer keeps crashing
    ... Let AD-Aware Scan your system for advertising Spyware ... If you use a HOSTS file, ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines ... > Available Physical Memory 682.89 MB ...
  • Re: Dealtime.com?
    ... Let AD-Aware Scan your system for advertising Spyware ... If you use a HOSTS file, ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines ... then copy/paste your HijackThis .log file in your message. ...
  • Re: Phantom Page
    ... Internet Explorer Ver. ... Let AD-Aware Scan your system for advertising Spyware ... If you use a HOSTS file, ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines ...
  • Re: Error Message - "BIRD DRV.EXE"
    ... Let AD-Aware Scan your system for advertising Spyware ... If you use a HOSTS file, ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines ... then copy/paste your HijackThis .log file in your message. ...
  • Re: Error message 00213
    ... You probably have been hacked by some trojan/virus or parasites. ... Let AD-Aware Scan your system for advertising Spyware ... If you use a HOSTS file, ... the URL below - some malware may kill your internet connection when it is ...