unwanted premium rate numbers

ccl42004_at_yahoo.co.uk
Date: 12/09/03

Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 05:05:39 -0800

Unfortunately !!! an instant access internet connection is
on child's computer. This of course accesses undesirable
area of internet via a premium rate number. Child denies
regular use but telephone bill says otherwise.
He has always complained that when he puts on music to
play via windows media player that the computer connects
to the internet - I presume searching for info on artists
etc.
Could this search by the media player be accessing the
internet via the premium line rate rather than local
rate ?
Child says that the unacceptable site does not appear nor
does warning about premium rate. There is a firewall
installed !
I have little understanding of this process and would
appreciate any help. I reaslise of course that he could
have just been accessing undesirable sites straight off
but his limited admissions and furthr denials are
convincing. He is down as accessing at times when others
are in the house. You want to believe your child !

Relevant Pages

  • acessing unwanted premium numbers
    ... area of internet I think. ... Child says that the unacceptable site does not appear nor ... does warning about premium rate. ... have just been accessing undesirable sites straight off ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: unwanted premium rate numbers
    ... I think much, perhaps all, of what child is saying is probably truthful. ... Looks like you are infected with a "dialler." ... > area of internet via a premium rate number. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • unwanted premium rate numbers
    ... setting in it to connect to the internet automatically ... when playing certain media, so the child could be telling ... >area of internet via a premium rate number. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)