all operations require local admin rights

From: EvB (evanbergen(no-spam)_at_modderkolk(no-spam).nl)
Date: 12/09/03

Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:10:46 +0100

I created a new domain with 2 dcīs and some member servers, all windows
2000. About 50 W2K clients connected.
I use roaming profiles.

1st:
    When i logon a client machine the profile loads but when i log off the
profile cannot be saved. This is on all clients with all usernames. When i
give a client local administrator rights it works fine. The userrights on
the profile map on the server are checked and okey.

2nd:
    When i try to run local applications on the clients machine the
applications give all sort of errors. When i give the user local admin
rights everything works perfect. This is on al clients with all usernames.

Before I created the new Domain/DCīs this never has been a problem. What can
create the problem that for all actions local administrator rights are
required.

Is it something the DC sents to the client by a group policy or another
security policy? I checked pretty much but canīt find anything. Can anyone
help me out please?

Kind regards,

EvB

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OSX on Intel Could Destroy Microsoft
    ... >> from which my clients can work with. ... I just wrote that as a member ... profile plugin which is easy to enable in the admin interface. ... >>> does provide a new way of thinking about how to design and deliver apps, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Random "computer account was not found" broken profiles Server
    ... Well - I suppose it could be a connectivity issue - One would think it would ... cannot log on with a particular profile. ... Make sure that your clients use only their local DNS Server. ... with the account that worked the night before. ...
  • Email Name Problems
    ... clients machines, in each of the clients LOCAL outlook ... incorrect spelling or duplicate or similar names. ... file name is PROFILE.NK2 (Where PROFILE is the name of ... the outlook profile name). ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: How to reinstate clients PCs in a domain after reinstall
    ... Client machines should then use both DC/DNS server ip addresses on the NIC as preferred and secondary DNS. ... But what if I had 1000 clients PCs? ... workstation looking like "test.domain" and you will have a profile ...
  • Re: How to reinstate clients PCs in a domain after reinstall
    ... Client machines should then use both DC/DNS server ip addresses on ... But what if I had 1000 clients PCs? ... workstation looking like "test.domain" and you will have a profile ...