Re: code to load windows on system

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 12/07/03

Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:12:02 -0500

If you have proof of purchase and it's a retail copy, you can call
Microsoft. If it was an OEM (bundled w/ hardware) version, you'd have to
contact the h/w manufacturer, but note that OEM versions are tied to the h/w
you purchased it with...

adam wrote:
> I have an old laptop with no windows on it. We have a
> 98se disc but no code to load it on . Is there any way to
> find the code for that cd to be able to load it on.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Buying a used copy of SBS2k3
    ... Original Hardware was an OEM version of SBS (and is should have been ... - and - The owner did not purchase Software ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Oem cd clarification requested
    ... Many OEM copies of operating systems are bios locked to ... >>requirement to also buy an item of system hardware when purchasing an OEM ... or so to the purchase form to make it easy). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Re-Activation of OEM Windows XP Home Edition
    ... There's 2 types of XP install CDs that may be referred to as OEM. ... The second type is one that is purchased with hardware internal to the PC. ... OEM software is tied to the hardware purchase, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows XP Professional SP2 OEM (English) ????
    ... included to meet the terms of the Microsoft OEM Sales Agreement". ... I figured it would come with a power cord, but it could be a screw ... The OEM license says it must be sold with hardware to be ... as a backup) from that single purchase and neither ever failed to ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Question about OEM licensing
    ... > If I buy a copy of Windows XP Pro OEM from a local PC store I ... > understand that it must be purchased with a piece of hardware like a ... > purchase the OEM copy with a movable item like a mouse, ...