Re: Microsoft - Install this patch immediately

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 12/05/03

Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:31:51 -0500

Hey, play nice. The OP is just exercising caution, and asking for help. This
is a good thing.

*Vanguard* wrote:
> "elderconey" wrote
> in news:d68a01c3bafa$77762e50$a601280a@phx.gbl:
>> I have recived these attachment's (Att1txt and Att2txt).
>> Are these safe? has anyone else recived them. Says, Dear
>> friend, use this patch immediately.
>
> Time for an ego check. You think Microsoft even knows about you? You
> think Microsoft even cares about you? You think they waste all their
> time and resources to develop, implement, and host a Windows Update
> web site to then circumvent all that and instead send you e-mails
> regarding those same supposed updates?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What MS security updates are safe to download
    ... It is rather simple to be safe, ... get you updates directly from microsoft. ... in place for Windows Update for all your machines. ... just verify that the updates are being ...
  • Windows Update Error (ME)
    ... updates, installed one, but now get "Windows Update Error" ... says I need Microsoft XML Parser 3.0 Service Pack. ... Is it safe? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: XP KB908531 update
    ... automatic updates turned off until they get that update corrected. ... will we know when Microsoft gets this corrected and it will be safe to ... For Windows Update ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Windows Update has stopped working.
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... Windows Update has stopped working. ... Click on Start, Run, type REGSVR32 MSXML.DLL and click OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: KB943460 / Software Distribution Service 3.0 System Restore Pr
    ... Sorry if I seemed coy its simply I had it my head you were a Microsoft ... I suppose it might simply be a rebrand of Windows Update. ... McAfee Security Center or AVG Free. ... KB943460 is not causing your System Restore problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)