Windows Update <=> Microsoft Security Bulletin

From: Olaf Coolic (
Date: 12/05/03

Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:30:06 +0100

Hi NG,

I do check for updates nearly everyday and if there are any I do install
them from

There are also some updates like Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-39

Is it enough to update with or I should also
install patches like MSxx-xx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 800703E7 error message
    ... I get this message when trying to install service pack 2. ... > Check for hardware driver updates? ... > Patches and Updates! ... > drivers for your hardware/operating system. ...
  • Re: i cant update windows!
    ... > download, but at the very end of the process it says that the ... I havent been able to get any updates ... First - cleanup your machine and ready it for Service Pack 2. ... Then install Service Pack 2 from the downloaded install file (not the ...
  • Re: Do i need SP2?
    ... > I am running XP pro with all updates EXCEPT SP2. ... many patches will begin requiring SP2 to install.. ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
  • Re: FYI for eTrust AV 7.x Users
    ... When I just had my little incident with the redistribution settings on the SBS, my clients were logging successful checks for updates, and the logs indicated that no updates were found. ... That turned out to be because I had not gone back and checked the redistribution server box for 8.x after reinstalling the redistribution server. ... installed the new remote install utility which works the same as v7 did - just edited the .ICF file the way I wanted it and ran the client upgrades from the server. ... I can't remember if it's a separate install, or if you have to click a box when you do the Agent install, but redistribution server is not installed by default. ...
  • Re: Since January 18th, no high-priority updates...
    ... Since I do not intend to install NIS 2006 again, I thought it does not matter ... I checked about what you say (time of the Automatic Updates) and changed it ... I uninstalled NIS 2006... ... 2 February 2006 Windows Update Agent Unable to Connect: ...