Re: Firewall questions -- what is ...?

From: Jurren Bouman (jubo_at_euronet.nl)
Date: 11/18/03

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:27:56 +0100

"Gabriella" <gsetter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:090801c3ad3e$8ddacc10$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Does anyone know where I might find a good tutorial on
> firewalls (McAfee 4.02). I do understand that many / most
> of the messages the firewall generates are not cause for
> alarm, but I can't find a non-jargon interpretation of
> what the messages mean -- and consequently don't know when
> I should be alarmed.

Check this forum:
Firewall 4 (Win 98/ME/2000/XP)
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewforum.php?f=4

Firewall 4.02 manual:
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=86113#86113

--
Jurren Bouman
MVP Windows - Security

Relevant Pages

  • Re: virus/melicious code - help please !!
    ... NAT wrote: ... I have several security packages on my computer but it does not pick ... If you run Windows XP and you don't have a firewall installed then at ... MVP Windows - Security ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: my IE has been hijacked!!!
    ... "THE PARASITE FIGHT" ... If you run Windows XP and you don't have a firewall installed then at ... MVP Windows - Security ... "Microsoft Trustworthy Computing: Security" ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Help
    ... "THE PARASITE FIGHT" ... If you run Windows XP and you don't have a firewall installed then at ... MVP Windows - Security ... "Microsoft Trustworthy Computing: Security" ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: cannot download antivirus or firewall
    ... "THE PARASITE FIGHT" ... If you run Windows XP and you don't have a firewall installed then at ... MVP Windows - Security ... "Microsoft Trustworthy Computing: Security" ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Worm.SomeFool.P
    ... > MSN e-mail. ... If you run Windows XP and you don't have a firewall installed then at ... MVP Windows - Security ... "Microsoft Trustworthy Computing: Security" ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)