Re: Escalation of privilege

From: Ron Bernier (ronbernier_at_hahahahatds.net)
Date: 11/17/03

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:29:13 -0500

The other alternative to Torgeir's response is to simply give them modify
access to the registry keys they need access to ...

"Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone
> I am working on a Windows 2000 Professional desktop (no domain controller,
> no Active Directory, everything is local).
>
> When a user, without any admin rights, logs on, a logon script is
executed.
> This VB script (WSH and WMI stuff) modifies some registry keys and entries
> under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and I need to run this script with the admin
> rights - otherwise certain entries are not modified because the users
doen't
> have the right to do so.
>
> How can I escalate the privilege INSIDE my script, and then release the
> rights afterwards, once the session is opened ?
>
> Help greatly appreciated !
>
> Nicolas

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Escalation of privilege
    ... This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights. ... > This VB script modifies some registry keys and entries ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Escalation of privilege
    ... When a user, without any admin rights, logs on, a logon script is executed. ... This VB script modifies some registry keys and entries ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Escalation of privilege
    ... When a user, without any admin rights, logs on, a logon script is executed. ... This VB script modifies some registry keys and entries ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Escalation of privilege
    ... This isn't really possible without knowledge of an admin password so not ... > This VB script modifies some registry keys and entries ... > rights - otherwise certain entries are not modified because the users ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Vista hosting XPe tools/db
    ... Copyright Microsoft Corporation. ... All rights reserved. ... you can run setsqlperms.vbs script as follows: ... machine hosting the database. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)