Re: Patches vs Norton Antivirus

From: Robert Moir (bofh_at_mvps.org)
Date: 11/13/03

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:02:49 -0000

> so if i just did the norton thing ..i run out of gas?

Well I meant that a car needs both oil and gas to run properly. As Daniel
suggested, my analogy may have worked better the other way around.

In either case, if you fill the car with one but allow the other to empty
your car will grind to a halt. As it is with virus scanners and software
patches - you need to use both to keep a vulnerable computer working
effectively.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Fuel injection?
    ... that's because I haven't changed the oil for a while. ... Just find a dark place one night (away from street lights), ... car, pop the hood and get out and have a look-see. ... to be a kinked hose from the gas filler tube to the tank such that it ...
    (rec.motorcycles.dirt)
  • Re: Obama Announces New "Do Nothing" Energy Policy
    ... Drill our own oil in the sea - NO ... consumer can go back on a gas guzzling binge and four years down the ... I rented a car in Tn. ... My next car is going to be a hybrid or something like a Mini Cooper ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)
  • Re: Three ways to lower gasoline prices and affect this election!
    ... Car" narrated by Martin Sheen. ... off to oil company headquarters. ... gasoline prices down for at least five years, ... but the gas guage didn't seem to be moving. ...
    (alt.fan.howard-stern)
  • Re: Obama Announces New "Do Nothing" Energy Policy
    ... Drill our own oil in the sea - NO ... consumer can go back on a gas guzzling binge and four years down the ... I rented a car in Tn. ... My next car is going to be a hybrid or something like a Mini Cooper (small ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)
  • Keanes Dec 2011 "Magic and Merriment" Trip Report, Part 2
    ... rattles around in my right rear wheel well. ... the car except my suitcase and two-wheeler. ... or someplace else I don't remember) if you bought a $100 travel card, ... I stop for gas, even though I have more than 1/2 tank. ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)