Re: Spam mail

From: Alun Jones [MS MVP] (alun_at_texis.com)
Date: 11/03/03

Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:20:26 GMT

In article <01c401c39ff5$8d25bb50$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "sly0506" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Forget it - Microsoft will not help us with this problem
>nor will abuse@msn.com - I just keep setting up new e-mail
>addresses on hotmail.com - every couple of months I have
>to set up a new one its so jammed up with this JUNK!

I'll repeat my request that you state explicitly what it is that you expect
Microsoft to be able to do about this. So far, all you've said is "they
must do something, they're not doing anything", when the evidence is to the
contrary. What should they be doing, in your opinion, that they aren't?

>No one seems to be able to tell me
>what 'Instsaller877.exe' does - if you find out let me
>know.

What do you need to know? Quite obviously, it installs the virus that sends
all these spam emails. More than that is unlikely to be useful knowledge.

Alun.
~~~~

Texas Imperial Software   | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email
1602 Harvest Moon Place   | alun@texis.com.
Cedar Park TX 78613-1419  | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers.
Fax/Voice +1(512)258-9858 | Try our NEW client software, WFTPD Explorer.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Receipt of unknown "use this patch immediately"
    ... If you worry that you may be missing a Microsoft patch, ... Microsoft's web site. ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Share the wealth...from Bill Gates
    ... >Microsoft will track how many people I forward this email ... irritate them. ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: message from microsoft security
    ... If someone turned up on your doorstep and said "I'm from Microsoft ... address label, you'd throw the enclosed CD-ROM away. ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
  • Re: An email supposedly from security@microsoft.com
    ... use this Internet Explorer patch now! ... If Microsoft is sending out a patch, they do so from their web site, not by ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Security
    ... Microsoft don't send attachments with their email, ... made for double the number of copies of the Swen virus you're going to get, ... Texas Imperial Software | Find us at http://www.wftpd.com or email ... Cedar Park TX 78613-1419 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)