Re: DHCP

From: JOhn (Dujohn_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/27/03

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 19:28:55 -0700

Nope i dont think he was authenticated in anyway. i tested
it by hooking up a laptop in the network. I logged on to
the laptop as local admin.DHCP gave me a IP. I then
browsed through the network neighbourhood and got to
that "ServerX" machine real eezzzzz...Well i couldn't get
to other machines though as they were all part of the
domain.

 ?

Thanks - John.

auditing of account
>logon events to see as what user. Make sure that the
guest account is
>disabled on that server. --- Steve
>
>"John" <dujohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello !
>>
>> We have a windows NT domain. We have an important server
>> which is not part of our domain. We had a vendor come in
>> the other day,plugged his laptop into one of the jacks
>> (network) in our conference room and our DHCP server
gave
>> the machine an IP (is there any way to prevent DHCP from
>> giving out or atleast asking for an authentication
before
>> giving out IPs to machines not part of our domain).
>>
>> Then he went into the network neighbourhood and got into
>> serverX without any authentication. How to lock this
up ?

>> Any suggestions ?
>>
>> Thanks - John
>>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Access to shares lost after install of XP SP2
    ... I did not put on the firewall client as using the proxie ... If the laptop was not connected to the network it logged in just ... > authentication after each of the updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Access to shares lost after install of XP SP2
    ... Last December a client of mine got a new laptop and we connected it to the ... If the laptop was not connected to the network it logged in just ... authentication after each of the updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: second authentication with asas and radius
    ... You are actually want a 3rd factor for authentication. ... process whereby if a users laptop is stolen or lost, ... network via a VPN, and the odds that they also have the user's login id and ... because if they login via the VPN is makes it ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Wireless network constantly disconnects
    ... laptop about 3 weeks ago. ... messing arround with the network settings. ... >Check the Authentication options in her wireless network ... >> The latest problem my mother is having, ...
  • Re: DHCP
    ... it by hooking up a laptop in the network. ... the laptop as local admin.DHCP gave me a IP. ... >> serverX without any authentication. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)