Re: encryption level

From: Annette (aab1163_at_aol.com)
Date: 09/26/03

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:00:28 -0700

That gives the encryption of the browser - what about for
the OS itself. Or is that the encryption from the OS?

or
>> 128 bit encryption? ex, I know Win 98 shipped with 40
bit
>> encryption, but there is an update to bring it to 128.
>> hHow can I tell by looking at my system if that upgrade
>> has been installed or not?
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT - Re: Internet Explorer 7
    ... And encryption isn't one of those mechanisms. ... and Firefox doesn't display it in the same broken way that IE does. ... I'm focusing on functionality. ... broken browser and it renders as they expect there, ...
    (rec.collecting.coins)
  • Need browser with 128-bit encryption
    ... First check if your current browser is setup for and your ... support 128-bit encryption before you can join or login. ... upgrade your browser to support 128-bit encryption before ... For Netscape on IBM Compatible Personal Computers: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Password Manager Software recommendations
    ... I'm a founding partner at PassPack, reading this list for a week or so. ... Ajax application, which means that all data is encrypted in the browser, with a key that never leaves the browser. ... Since all encryption takes place in the browser, we use a Javascript implementation of AES128 - at the time of creation, the AES256 implementation was causing the browser to run under stress. ... Our architecture allows us to update the algorithms fairly easily so that is a change which will probably come about in the next months. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • No Shared Cipher message
    ... 128 encryption) ... No Shared Cipher ... Your browser is unable to negotiate a security level ... Update your browser to a version that supports the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • IE6 - No Shared Cipher Message