Re: SECURITY INCOMPETENCE AT MICROSOFT

From: Robert Moir (bofh_at_mvps.org)
Date: 09/17/03

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:24:38 +0100

xp slave wrote:

>> Ah.. so when everyone switches to Linux because it isn't a target...
>> who do you think will become the next target?
>
> Windows would still bear the brunt of attacks simply because of
> Microsoft's arrogance and incompetence in the design and coding
> aspects of Windows and the animosity that has created. While
> Microsoft certainly has the right to overcharge their customers for
> bloated security hole filled software, eventually users will tire of
> being taken advantage of (actually, they already are). That's the
> result of having a monopoly.

You really need to have a look at the latest version of Lindows - the
version of Linux that is being very heavily pushed as being ideal for home
users.

Once you've had a look, hopefully taken all of 10 seconds to realise it has
a very bad security flaw that regresses it to the security level of Windows
95, come on back and I'll have a nice cup of coffee and a slice of humble
pie for you.

Relevant Pages

  • << SBS News of the Week August 8, 2004>>
    ... in Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000: ... Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003? ... A Californian who objects to personal attacks ... a long-awaited security update to Windows XP, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • << SBS News of the Week August 8, 2004>>
    ... in Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000: ... Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003? ... A Californian who objects to personal attacks ... a long-awaited security update to Windows XP, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • << SBS News of the Week August 8, 2004>>
    ... in Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000: ... Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003? ... A Californian who objects to personal attacks ... a long-awaited security update to Windows XP, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • [NT] Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (MS04-025)
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... * Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 6a ... Navigation Method Cross-Domain Vulnerability ...
    (Securiteam)
  • [NT] Vulnerability in HTML Help Allows Code Execution (MS05-001)
    (Securiteam)