Thin clients and security updates

From: rob (rob_at_rob.net)
Date: 09/09/03

    Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 08:58:44 -0700

    Have you tried contacting the hardware OEM to see if they
    have a EPROM upgrade?
    You can't run a patch if the NT4 is run from a EPROM,
    which is the situation I think you are describing.
    Windows NT 4.0 on our network. I don't know if these
    vulnerable to the Blaster worm and it's variants. Do they
    need to be patched? If so, do they require a different
    patch or just the regular patch for NT?
    >.

    • MS05-025 for NT4 with IE6 SP1
      ... Anyone know if there is a patch for IE6-SP1 in NT4 other than ... runs properly however MBSA keeps alerting to the fact that the patch is ... missing... ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: Q814078 Difference between NT4 and W2K patch?
      ... > Has anyone had problems installing the W2K patch on an NT4 ... >>js56men.exe (NT4). ... one for my W2K machines and a different one for my ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Q814078 Difference between NT4 and W2K patch?
      ... Has anyone had problems installing the W2K patch on an NT4 ... one for my W2K machines and a different one for my ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: MS03-011 816093 for NT4 server
      ... you can read the instruction on how to obtain the NT4 version ... of the patch from the Windows Update catalog ...