Re: Sandi Hardmeier

From: Sandi - Microsoft MVP (sandi_hardmeier_at_mvps.org)
Date: 06/30/03

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:35:45 +0800

WAOL is certainly the AOL software. Can you please be more precise about
the error message.

--
Hyperlinks are used to ensure answers remain current.
Sandi Hardmeier - Microsoft MVP since 1999
"James D. Jordan" <jexp3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thank-You Sandi, and Lanwench!
> I am new to ng's and usually "lurk to learn" something from time to time.
> The post turn around on this topic was many pages back and I was not
> certain
> that it would be read. The problem starts with an icon on the taskbar in
> system tray at sign on that flashes on momentarily. Then later, usually in
> financial analysis app. an error waol comes on an disconnects the isp. The
> latest invasion the other day 6/26/03 went into the money files of my
> documents an changed the icon of the files. At reboot it corrected. I am
> watching this with Dr.Watson, Windows Report Tool, and a printscreen. A
> report was made to AOL. The waol.exe is a hidden file in AOL folder. The
> report to AOL was made to AOLTechDAB@aol.com . I note that ng help
> moderator
> frankwbell@aol.com states this is windows OS error. I also note that you
> state that this is AOL software.
>
> Sandi - Microsoft MVP <sandi_hardmeier@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > James,
> >
> > I get so many emails its hard to keep up. LanWench is correct; by
> > posting
> > your query to this group you will get a wider audience and faster
> response,
> > and won't be dependant on my online computer time :-/
> >
> > --
> > Hyperlinks are used to ensure answers remain current.
> > Sandi Hardmeier - Microsoft MVP since 1999
> > http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer
> >
> > "James D. Jordan" <jexp3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello Sandi , I recently sent you an email concerning an error message
> on
> > > AOL. I know someone out there is breaking into win98se OS. Please
> respond
> > > the email. Thank-you.
> > >
> > > --
> > > James David Jordan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IE6 problems re KB908531 but unrelated to HP harware
    ... Pardon me, Sandi, but what might that be and how would I know if I had such ... My ISP is AOL. ... No pages will open on my AOL favourites, ... David DRXL44@xxxxxxx ...
  • Re: Messenger Service
    ... Shenan Stanley wrote: ... Sandi - Microsoft MVP wrote: ... > I believe AOL now supports the XP firewall. ... Sandi - can you point me to any web page/discussion about it - I would like ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Messenger Service
    ... I believe AOL now supports the XP firewall. ... Sandi - Microsoft MVP since 1999 ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Ever wonder who posts out here the most?
    ... I got AOL in October 1995, ... found the newsgroups not too long after. ... Sandi ... Prev by Date: ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: Annoying CONSTANT (mshtml.dll) Error & CRASHING
    ... If you get the error when AOL ... is disabled then your problem is not with AOL software. ... AWA wrote: ... These CDs were branded versions of Internet Explorer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)