software update via e-mail

From: ira (nirazn_at_netsczpe.net)
Date: 06/28/03

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:01:50 -0700

i received an E-Mail from <jo.ferrando@groupama.es> with no
electronic signature, regarding updates to microsoft software.
How do I know if it's ok to download and install?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: i cant update windows!
    ... > download, but at the very end of the process it says that the ... I havent been able to get any updates ... First - cleanup your machine and ready it for Service Pack 2. ... Then install Service Pack 2 from the downloaded install file (not the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Do i need SP2?
    ... > I am running XP pro with all updates EXCEPT SP2. ... many patches will begin requiring SP2 to install.. ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SUS
    ... > I have setup a SUS Server on win2k. ... 0-2.reg will not configure your machine to automatically download updates from ... critical updates or service packs that your machine needs. ... It will also ask you if you want to install them, ...
  • Re: Automatic Update Default Settings
    ... on the Automatic Download set up page you are really only setting install ... automatic install when turning the computer off. ... Ten updates were waiting to be ... I mean the compuer is completely off in the old fashion Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Scary & disturbing re updates to XP (& Win2k) - spoofs, pop-ups, etc.
    ... stage of the Windows install, that's right, it was infected before XP was ... If you DO download them with the infected system make sure to ... from downloading antivirus apps, updates, or firewalls; ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)