Re: Internal Error with Certificate Import Wizard

From: Sandi - Microsoft MVP (sandi_hardmeier_at_mvps.org)
Date: 06/21/03

Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:51:29 +0800

Pondering.

It sounds like the key is corrupt. Here is a URL that mentions your precise
error:

269518
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=269518

--
Hyperlinks are used to ensure answers remain current.
Sandi Hardmeier - Microsoft MVP since 1999
"Patrick" <ptrck39@netscape.net> wrote in message
> On a WinXP machine I get the following error when I try to
> import a certificate to the machine store through the
> Certificate Import Wizard.
>
> "An internal error occurred. The private key that you are
> reporting might require a cryptographic service provider
> that is not installed on your system."
>
> I can import the same certificate onto other XP machines
> so I know the cert is good and all the other WinXP
> machines are built the same.  I have seen notes on this
> problem in other groups but no resolution was given.  Is
> there any way to resolve this problem other than
> rebuilding the machine.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Internal Error with Certificate Import Wizard
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. ... "Patrick" wrote in message ... > On a WinXP machine I get the following error when I try to> import a certificate to the machine store through the> Certificate Import Wizard. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Digital certificates for Excel/Word
    ... Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] ... re digital certificates: ... certificate there) or Thawte. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.vba)
  • Re: new to IMAP - some questions
    ... i have no idea even WHERE the cert is, ... Patrick Schmid wrote: ... If you want sent emails to be stored on the server, you need 2007. ... make sure you have the appropriate CA certificate in your local certificate store. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Internal Error with Certificate Import Wizard
    ... On a WinXP machine I get the following error when I try to ... import a certificate to the machine store through the ... Certificate Import Wizard. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)