Re: cannot change home page

From: mae (agrannie_at_notemail.msn.com)
Date: 06/19/03

Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:11:05 -0500

Should be enough to read to get started:
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm#hijackings
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#home_page
http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm
Might want to install these (some need- I don't)
Browser Helper Objects:
http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm
Ad-Aware:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/
Spybot - Search & Destroy -
http://security.kolla.de/index.php?lang=en&page=download

mae
"Jeff" <jeff@brownaroundtown.com> wrote in message news:062d01c33622$27073e80$a501280a@phx.gbl...
| We cannot change our default home page. It is like
| someone else has control over it. When I click on Tools,
| Internet Options, and General, the buttons under Homepage
| are grayed out. The present homepage always riddles us
| with popups. Have we been attacked possibly? What should
| we do to correct this problem and prevent it in the
| future? Thanks! Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remove SpyFalcon
    ... ad-aware and spybot searcgh and destroy forums... ... The actual false messages of infection are based upon the ZLob, SmitFraud and a couple of other Trojans. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: pop hell
    ... no single utility will give protection over the "full" ... Spybot - Search & Destroy ...
  • Re: Remove SpyFalcon
    ... | ad-aware and spybot searcgh and destroy forums... ... Create a HJT log file and post it in one of the below locations... ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Bloodhound.Exploit.6
    ... after checking now Norton does not find the file at all. ... > If Spybot Search & Destroy is detecting any DSO Exploits, ... > Keep Your Security Software Current With Upgrades, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Best Offers..pop-up (llqszbvtdll.exe)
    ... This may be caused by spyware/malware that's gotten installed on ... Use Ad-Aware, MSAS and/or Spybot Search & Destroy to remove it. ...