Re: philosophical question

From: John McGaw (nowhere_at_inparticu.lar)
Date: 06/17/03

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:11:37 -0400

"Skywing" <skywing_nspam_@valhallalegends.com> wrote in message
news:ejHHa.1021797$Zo.233070@sccrnsc03...

snip...
> for word processing and email, and not much else. Do you really think
> they're going to be investing significant portions of their time trying to
> keep up to date on security and antivirus patches, given this?

Funny. I spend perhaps 15-30 minutes every month keeping my OS, firewall
software, malware scanner, and anti-virus up to date. If I cared to I could
trim that substantially by simply turning on the automatic updates which are
available instead of doing it myself. Somehow this doesn't seem to qualify
as a "significant" time to me and if your "lite users" are only doing word
processing and email their computers shouldn't be too overburdened to handle
the job at least occasionally.

This thread reminds me of a very old joke which keeps coming to mind when I
visit this NG.

Q: What is the difference between ignorance and apathy?
A: I don't know and I don't care...

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]