Re: Pop Ups

From: Skywing (skywing_nspam__at_valhallalegends.com)
Date: 06/17/03

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 01:35:34 GMT

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Right click the
"Messenger" service and go to it's properties. Then, change it to Disabled.
Additionally, you might want to hit Stop as well if it is already running.

Note that this doesn't interfere with instant messenger services like AIM or
ICQ or MSNIM; the Messenger service is used for (completely unrelated) NET
SEND messages, which are being increasingly abused for spamming purposes, as
you've had the misfortune to find out first-hand.